This week I managed to make some more progress on my little 8-bit(ish) game Jumpman.
The following updates and fixes were realised:
- Added elevator platforms travelling at different speeds
- In-game music is added and plays during the game
- Better soundeffect when the exit opens
- Diamonds are now randomly colored
- Fix: when the player made a death-jump and hit an enemy, the player died twice
The wishlist for Jumpman isn’t dried up yet. More things to add:
- Make colored keys able to be picked up by player
- color coded doors need animation and be tied to respective colored key
- add a game-over screen
- add hiscore table with autosave option built in
- timer for each level, creating the possibility of time-runs (maybe as gamemode?)
- Fix: Push the player away from walls when on elevator
You can download a pre-alpha version of Jumpman for Windows. Keep in mind this is a very broken version, not much to do but run to the next exit and end up in the void of incompleteness:)
Jumpman finally sees his first enemies pop up! While looting, he needs to be at guard at all times now.